- Arrival via plane: The distance to Split airport is about 40 kilometers.
- when booking a rental car, we recommend a small car (because of the narrow roads).
- arriving by bus: good bus connections from Split to Marusici.
- arrival via car:
- Austria: freeway vignette at gas stations. 10 Euro for 10 days. tunnel is paid extra (cash or credit card). max. speed 130 km/h.
- Slovenia: freeway digital vignette (receipt with barcode) at gas stations. 15 Euro per week. max. speed 130 km/h.
- Croatia: we recommend the E65 highway via Zagreb through the interior of Croatia. freeway toll in cash or credit card. max. speed 130 km/h.
path in Marusici, parking lots
- from the main road there is a small road down the mountain, towards the sea. it’s a steep, narrow and winding descent, but it’s manageable by car.
- three parking spaces available directly at the house.
- more parking at the top of the street, just 150 meters away (at market Ivelma).
check-in / check-out
- Check-In from 4 p.m
- Independent check-in:
- access code for main entrance.
- key box (with code) next to the apartment entrance.
- luggage can be left before 4 p.m
- Independent check-in:
- check out until 11 a.m
- put the key back in the key box.
bathing beach Borka
below the house by the sea is the bathing beach Borka. there you will find small coves and hidden swimming spots. the direct access to the beach guarantees a high level of privacy. there are pretty much 200 steps to take. but even the way down is a revelation with magnificent views of the sea and the offshore island of Brac.
village center Marusici
- the original village center is above the Magistralle (main street). besides the old church and the charming maze of alleys, there are also a few restaurants (konobas), the Orgula Tasting Room and a small supermarket that offers everything necessary for daily needs.
- tip: after the old church a little further and the next street on the right park the car at the big square (center) or following way. a few meters further on the left up the slope to a viewing platform with a wonderful view of Marusici and the sea.
climate and weather on the Adriatic coast
croatia can be found in divide different climatic zones , where there are sometimes great differences in weather. representative stands the Split climate table for the Mediterranean climate of the Adriatic coast. nevertheless, there may be some variations in the different regions of the coast. in one place, summer temperatures are slightly higher or lower than in other places. the number of hours of sunshine can also vary slightly.
- Marusici is a small coastal town with no medical facilities. the nearest doctors’ offices and pharmacies are in Omis, 12 km away (or in Brela 8 km).
- in the metropolis of Split there are other specialists and two hospitals.
- clinical hospital Split / Klincki Bolnicki Centar Split
- spinciceva 1, 21000 Split, +385 21 556 111
- we generally recommend the conclusion of an additional foreign health insurance when traveling to other EU countries.
restaurants, taverns & cafes
- restaurant Villa Jurčević only 150 m away.
- konoba Galeb only 150 m away.
- our recommendation is the Konoba Kremenko, which is located above Marusici in the mountains.
- konobas are small restaurants that offer delicious local dishes.
- on the main street in the village there is a small grocery store Ivelma, only 150 m away. there you get everything for your daily needs. there is also fresh bread every morning. opening hours: Mon-Sat: 06:30 – 22:00, Sun: 07:00 – 21:00
- there is also a supermarket in the neighboring towns of Mimice, Pisak and Brela.
- the nearest larger supermarkets are in Omis and Makarska (Lidl).
- if you are looking for the original Balkan feeling, you will find it in the hinterland at the farmers’ market. only about 10 km away is the village of Zadvarje on a karst plateau. on tuesdays, a traditional farmer’s market is held in this otherwise sleepy little town from 09:00 – 12:00.
- in Zadvarje you can also find bars, konobas, a gas station and small stores.
- the water in this region is of high drinking quality. and it tastes good.
- due to the core renovation of the house, you can drink from the tap with a clear conscience.
banks, atm and post office
- banks and ATMs are available in the neighboring town of Brela and the towns of Omis, Makarska.
- the nearest post office is in the neighboring town of Mimice.
excursion destinations (distance) / tips
- neighboring village Brela (about 5 km)
- food in Konoba Feral
- Biokovo Nature Park (about 5 km)
- hiking French Trail
- Omis (approx. 14 km)
- Old town: visit pastry shop I Gemelli
- Makarska (approx. 20 km)
- sunset at Sól Lounge Bar
- Split (approx. 36 km)
- Imotski (about 44 km)
- Dubrovnik (approx. 175 km)